Médecins de Montagne
Fédération Internationale des Patrouilles de Ski
FIPS is the international organisation representing ski patrol and associated ski safety organisations with membership from throughout the world
International Ski Federation
This is the web of the International Ski Federation
International Society for Skiing Safety
The International Society for Skiing Safety is a global, multidisciplinary institution that advances safety issues and injury care in snow sports through education, research and development in all related fields
International Commission for Alpine Rescue
International Congress on Science and Skiing
Organized by the Sports Technology Unit (Vuokatti) of the Faculty of Sport and Health Sciences of the University of Jyväskylä
The National Ski and Board Safety Association
International Society for Snowsports Medicine
Société Internationale de Traumatologie et Médicine des Sports d’Hiver / Società Internazionale di Traumatologia e Medicina degli Sport Invernali / Internationale Gesellschaft fur Ski-Traumatologie Und Wintersportmedizin
It is the oldest European Scientific Society that is concerned with the study of winter sports pathologies, their treatment and prevention.
The history of SITEMSH started in the 50's, when a group of experts from Alpine Countries (Austria, France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland) began to observe, collect and study the injuries occurring after winter sport accidents. They decided to meet every two years on behalf of a new Society named SITEMSH (Société Internationale de Médecine des Sports d’Hiver).
Former SITEMSH presidents
Former National Secretaries
Former SITEMSH historical members
International Society for Snow Sport Medicine - SITEMSH is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
International Society for Snow Sport Medicine - SITEMSH may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31/12/2015
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as adress, postcode
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send emails about website updates, new congresses and events in wich International Society for Snow Sport Medicine - SITEMSH participates or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
National Secretaries exist to promote the SITEMSH in each of their countries and to act as a national link between members and the Society.
- 1954 Chambéry- Courchevel France
- 1956 Sestriere Italy
- 1958 Davos – Parsenn Switzerland
- 1960 Garmish Partenkirchen Germany
- 1962 Obergurgl Austria
- 1964 Chamonix France
- 1966 Cortina d’Ampezzo Italy
- 1968 Saint Moritz Switzerland
- 1970 Garmisch Partenkirchen Germany
- 1972 Obergurgl Austria
- 1974 Val d’Isère France
- 1976 Breuil Cervinia Italy
- 1978 Arosa Switzerland
- 1980 Garmish Partenkirchen Germany
- 1982 Obergurgl Austria
- 1984 Val d’Isère France
- 1986 Saas Fee Switzerland
- 1988 Courmayeur Italy - communication list
- 1990 Garmisch Partenkirchen - Germany
- 1991 Pas de La Casa - Andorra - program and communication list
- 1992 Obergurgl - Austria - program
- 1993 Baqueira Beret - Spain - full abstracts
- 1996 La Plagne - France - complete program and abstracts
- 1998 Zermatt - Switzerland
- 2000 Bormio - Italy
- 2002 Andorra - Andorra - abstracts
- 2004 Neustift - AUSTRIA - program
- 2006 Baqueira Beret - SPAIN - first announcement
- 2008 Delphi – GREECE - complete scientific program
- 2009 Termas de Chillan – CHILE - program
- 2010 Avoriaz – FRANCE - Flyer
- 2013 Bariloche – ARGENTINA
- 2014 Flachau – AUSTRIA - program
- 2015 Tehran - IRAN - program - Presentations
- 2016 Inawashiro - JAPAN - Program - presentations
- 2018 Arosa - SWITZERLAND - Program - presentations
- 2011 Salzburg 7th EFSMA European Sports Medicine Congress - pdf Poster (81 KB) - pdf Scientific Program (150 KB)
- 2014 Barcelona pdf "Warm up meeting for snow sport doctors" (1.43 MB)
- 2015 Valle Nevado “Simposio de Medicina del Ski” - image Poster (714 KB) - pdf Program (271 KB)
- 2016 Barcelona 17th ESSKA congress - Symposium about Knee Injury Prevention in Snow Sports